Pages

Blog post updated : no update

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Windows XP - Create one click shutdown shortcut

Let’s go for XP tip for today. But before that, as you can see, I have used a custom domain for my blog. I’ve moved my blog from http://dx-xel.blogspot.com/ to http://dx-xel.net/. All of my previous blog URLs will be redirect to my brand new domain. It was pretty cool. Hehe.. Next time, I will show you step by step on how I move my blog to my own domain.

Ok, back to the topic. This is how you can create a shortcut on your desktop and when ever you click at it, your Windows will be shutdown.

Step 1

Right click on your desktop > New > Shortcut


Step 2

You will see a pop-up window. Enter SHUTDOWN -s -t 01

Note: Enter c:\windows\rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows (if you’re using Windows95, Windows98 or ME)

Click the Next button and name the shortcut as Shutdown, Turn Off, Stop or whatever. Then click Finish. DONE.

Optional:

1. You can make a keyboard shortcut for that icon and by pressing them, you will be able to shutdown Windows. Right click to that shortcut icon > Properties. Click the Shortcut key’s textbox and press the combination of keys that you prefer (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Q)

Click the Apply button and then OK.

2. You also can change the shortcut icon. (Image at the top). Right click to the shortcut > Properties and click the Change Icon… button. Select any icon you prefer, click OK. Then, click the Apply and OK button.

By now, you should be able to shutdown Windows with a single click. That’s all for today…Yeahh!!!

Credits: Wowarea

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger